I mean who doesn’t love pizza?! This is an easy, prep-ahead grilled pizza that makes a fun, handheld, ‘shove-it-in-your-mouth’ extravaganza. The pizza dough is crisped up on the Woodcreek 4-in-1 pellet grill, smothered with smoked vegetables, drizzled with a tangy green goddess hollandaise and topped with a chopped bitter green salad for a contrast in flavors and texture.A recipe from the Sizzle & Smoke Backyard BBQ recipe series on the Cuisinart Woodcreek 4-in-1 Pellet Grill with Full Heart Hospitality, featuring Chef Matt Jennings and Mixologist Silas Axtell.
- 1 or 2 store-bought, pre-made pizza dough of high quality
- 2 whole eggs
- 1 zucchini, split lengthwise
- 1 medium red onion, peeled and cut in half
- 2 red bell peppers, whole
- 3 sprigs fresh basil, leaves picked and stems composted
- 2 sprigs fresh oregano, leaves picked and stems removed
- 4 tablespoons canola or blended oil
- Kosher salt and cracked pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon sherry vinegar
- Pinch Maldon salt
Green Goddess Hollandaise
Makes 1 ½ cups
- 4 egg yolks
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ cup unsalted butter, melted (1 stick)
- 3 tablespoons. thinly sliced fresh chives or scallions
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh flat-leaf parsley
- 1 tablespoons anchovy paste
- ½ teaspoon. garlic puree or a pinch of granulated garlic
- Pinch cayenne
- Pinch salt
No nutrition information available
Prepare the hollandaise:
- Vigorously whisk the egg yolks and lemon juice together in a stainless steel bowl and until the mixture is thickened and doubled in volume. Place the bowl over a saucepan containing barely simmering water (or use a double boiler,) the water should not touch the bottom of the bowl. Continue to whisk rapidly. Be careful not to let the eggs get too hot or they will scramble. Slowly drizzle in the melted butter and continue to whisk until the sauce is thickened and doubled in volume. Remove from heat, whisk in chives or scallions, flat-leaf parsley, anchovy paste, and garlic puree. Whisk in cayenne and salt
- Move mixture to a high powered blender and puree on high. Cover and place in a warm spot until ready to use. If the sauce gets too thick, whisk in a few drops of warm water just before serving, to thin out to desired consistency.
Build Your Pizza:
- Roll out your pizza dough on a lightly floured surface to about a 12” round. Next, carefully lay it on a warm spot- but not the hottest area of the grill. After scraping and cleaning the grill, drizzle the canola oil on the zucchini, red onion. Roast/grill all the veg on the grill until cooked. Season to taste. Remove the charred pizza shell and set aside.
- Remove the veg from the grill and coarsely chop them all and toss with the red pepper to combine.
- On a clean cast iron griddle surface, cook the eggs sunny side up.
- Assemble your pizza: on the chargrilled shell, add a layer of the grill-roasted vegetables, top with the sunny side up eggs, and drizzle with the hollandaise. Just before serving, garnish with herbs, sprinkle with Maldon salt cracked pepper, and torn herbs as desired.