Chocolate Pie Crust:
- 1½cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- ¼ cup cocoa powder
- ¼ cup confectioners’ sugar
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 16 tablespoons (2 sticks) unsalted butter, cold and cubed
- ¼ cup ice water
- 1⅔ cups pecan halves, divided
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled
- 3 large eggs
- ½ cup packed dark brown sugar
- ½ cup light corn syrup
- 1 tablespoon real maple syrup
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
Nutritional Information per Pie:
Calories 964 (60% from fat); carb. 88g; pro. 11g; fat 67g; sat. fat 25g; chol. 230mg; sod. 508mg; calc. 61mg; fiber 5g
- Prepare the pie dough. Put the flour, cocoa powder, confectioners’ sugar, and salt into the bowl of a food processor fitted with the chopping blade. Process to combine, about 30 seconds. Add the butter; pulse until the mixture resembles small peas. Gradually pulse in the water until the dough just starts to come together; do not over process!
- Transfer the dough onto a clean, lightly floured work surface. Form the dough into a disk about 8-inches in diameter. Wrap well and chill in the refrigerator, a minimum of two hours, preferably overnight.
- Once the dough has rested, remove from the refrigerator and roll into a circle of ⅛-inch thickness. Cut four circles, 7-inches in diameter, and transfer to the mini pie plates. Press to fit so there are no gaps, and then, using the tines of a fork, prick the bottom and sides of the dough to make indentations, but not pressing all the way through. Chill for a minimum of 1 hour.
- While the dough is chilling, prepare the filling. Reserve ⅔ of the pecan halves in a small bowl. Roughly chop the remaining 1 cup; reserve.
- In a medium mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk well until homogenous. Whisk in the cooled butter.
- Once the pie shells are sufficiently chilled, divide the chopped pecans between the four shells. Top with the liquid filling and then place the reserved pecan halves on top in a decorative pattern.
- Preheat the Cuisinart Compact Air Fryer Oven to 350°F for 5 minutes. Once preheated, put the filled shells on the baking tray and put into the bottom position. Bake until the filling is set, about 25 minutes.
- Remove and cool completely before serving.