Makes about fourteen 1/2-cup servings
- 1⅔ cups whole milk
- ¾ cups granulated sugar
- 4 cups fat-free vanilla yogurt
- ¼ cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon pure vanilla extract
Calories 130 (22% from fat) • carb. 21g • pro. 5g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 14mg • sod. 62mg • calc. 145mg • fiber 0g
- In a medium mixing bowl, use a hand mixer on low speed to combine the milk and granulated sugar until the sugar is dissolved, about 1 to 2 minutes.
- Stir in the yogurt, heavy cream, and vanilla.
- Turn the machine on; pour the mixture into freezer bowl, and let mix until thickened, about 20 to 25 minutes. The frozen yogurt will have a soft, creamy texture. If a firmer consistency is desired, transfer the frozen yogurt to an airtight container and place in freezer for about 2 hours.
- Remove from freezer about 15 minutes before serving.