Everything goes well when dipped in chocolate pretzels, cake, brownies or fruit. You can even drizzle over ice cream if there is any left over.
- ¾ cup whole or reduced fat milk
- 1¾ cup heavy cream
- 1½ pounds bittersweet or semisweet chocolate chips (the extra cocoa butter in chips produces a smoother fondue)
- ½ teaspoon pure vanilla extract
- pinch sea salt
No nutrition information available
- Put the milk and heavy cream in the fondue pot. Set to Setting 4.5 to bring the mixture to a simmer, but not boiling. Reduce the heat to Setting 3.5 and gradually, using a nonstick whisk, add the chocolate chips. When the chocolate is completely blended, stir in the vanilla and salt.
- Reduce heat to Setting 3. Serve with biscotti, fresh or dried fruit, marshmallows, graham crackers, pretzels, angel food cake, brownies, etc.
Note: if using a flame-heated fondue set, follow the directions as provided.