Fresh homemade bread is simple to make with your Cuisinart® Food Processor.
Makes two, 1-pound loaves
- 2¼ teaspoons (1 packet) active dry yeast
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- ¹∕³ cup warm water
- 4 cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 1½ teaspoons kosher salt
- 1 cup cold water
- nonstick cooking spray
Nutritional information per serving (based on 16 servings): Calories 137 (17% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 3g • fat 3g
sat. fat 1g • chol. 6mg • sod. 221mg • calc. 80mg • fiber 1g
- In a 2-cup liquid measuring cup, dissolve yeast and sugar in warm water. Let stand until foamy, about 5 minutes.
- Put the flour, butter and salt into the large work bowl fitted with the dough blade. Process on Low to sift, about 10 to 15 seconds.
- Add cold water to yeast mixture. With the food processor running on Low, add the liquid through the small feed tube only as fast as flour absorbs it. Once dough cleans the sides of the work bowl and forms a ball, continue processing to knead for 45 seconds.
- Transfer dough to a large bowl lightly dusted with flour. Cover with plastic wrap and allow to rise in a warm place until doubled, about 1 to 1½ hours.
- After the dough has doubled in size, lightly coat two, 9-inch loaf pans with nonstick cooking spray. Reserve. Punch down dough and divide into two equal pieces. Form into 2 loaves and transfer to the prepared loaf pans. Cover with plastic wrap coated with the nonstick cooking spray. Allow to rise until dough is just above the tops of the pans, about 45 minutes to 1 hour.
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Bake until tops are browned and loaf sounds hollow when tapped, about 30 to 35 minutes. Remove from pans and cool on wire rack. Cool completely before slicing.