1jalapeño, seeded and cut into 4 pieces
¾cup unbleached, all-purpose flour (+ ½ cup if using frozen corn)
⅓cup yellow cornmeal (+ ⅓ cup if using frozen corn)
1teaspoon kosher salt
pinch freshly ground black pepper
½teaspoon baking powder
1teaspoon granulated sugar
3ears fresh corn (or about 2½ cups kernels), divided
1large egg, lightly beaten
½cup reduced-fat buttermilk
1tablespoon unsalted butter, melted
crème fraîche or sour cream (optional)
chopped fresh chives, for garnish (optional)
Calories 80 (20% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 3g • fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 20mg • sod. 200mg • calc. 60mg • fiber 1g
1. Place the jalapeño in the bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor, fitted with the metal chopping blade. Pulse until roughly chopped.
2.Add flour, cornmeal, salt, pepper, baking powder, and sugar. Pulse 3 to 4 times to combine.
3. If using fresh corn, cut kernels from cob using a serrated knife. Add two cups of kernels to the flour mixture. Pulse 4 to 5 times; scrape down sides of the bowl. With the food processor running, slowly add the egg and buttermilk to the mixture. Process until well combined.
4. Transfer mixture to a large bowl. Stir in reserved corn.
5. Fit the Cuisinart® Griddler® Combo with both griddle plates and preheat to high.
6. Once the grill is preheated, brush the griddle plates with the butter. Using a ⅓-cup measure, scoop six portions of batter onto the hot griddle. Cook 4 to 6 minutes per side, or until well browned. Repeat with remaining cakes.
7. Serve with crème fraîche or sour cream and freshly chopped chives.