Makes about 4 cups
2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 medium shallot, cut in half
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 cup Arborio rice
⅛ teaspoon saffron
2 tablespoons dry white wine
½ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 cups chicken broth, low sodium
Chopped fresh parsley, for garnish
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 133 (25% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 5g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 5mg • sod. 472mg • calc. 86mg • fiber 0g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
2. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve the cheese and wipe out the work bowl. Add the halved shallot. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
4. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and add a tablespoon of olive oil. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
5. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
6. Add cup of Arborio rice and ⅛ teaspoon saffron. The cooking time is set for 2 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2, so that the grain edges are translucent.
7. Add 2 tablespoons white wine. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes.
8. Add ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper with 3 cups chicken broth. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
9. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
10. Add reserved Parmesan. The cooking time is set for 2 minutes at 120°F on Speed 4 to stir together.
11. Finish stirring with a spatula to completely incorporate if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.