Crushed chocolate mint candies and rich chocolate ice cream create a refreshing taste sensation.
Makes 10 1/2-cup servings
- 2 cups heavy cream, chilled
- 1 cup whole milk, chilled
- ½ cup chocolate syrup
- 2 tablespoons sugar
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- ½ cup crushed chocolate mint candies, such as Andes® (about 15 mints)
Calories 397 (63% from fat) · carb. 32g · pro. 2g · fat 26g· sat. fat 18g · chol. 101mg · sod. 35mg · calc. 47mg · fiber 1g
- Combine heavy cream, whole milk, chocolate syrup, sugar and vanilla (not mint candies) in a medium mixing bowl and combine until well blended.
- Pour into freezer bowl of a Cuisinart® Automatic Frozen Yogurt, Ice Cream and Sorbet Maker.
- Turn the machine ON and let mix until mixture thickens, about 20 - 25 minutes. Add crushed chocolate mint candies to ice cream during last 5 - 10 minutes of mixing.
- Turn the machine OFF. Transfer to an air tight container and place in freezer until firm, about 2 hours.