Makes about 3 cups
1½ pounds cream cheese, cut into cubes, room temperature
¾ cup (12 tablespoons) unsalted butter, cut into cubes, room temperature
3 cups confectioners' sugar
1½ teaspoons pure vanilla extract
Nutritional information per serving of frosting: Calories 168 • carb.138g • pro. 2g • fat 13g • sat. fat 8g • Col. 37mg • sod. 100mg • calc. 20mg • fiber 0g • Tot. Sug. 0g
1. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1½ pounds cream cheese, cut into 16 pieces and ¾ cup of butter, cut into 8 pieces, both at room temperature, to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 12.
3. Scrape the bowl. The processor is set to blend for an additional 30 seconds to smooth.
4. Scrape the bowl and add 3 cups sifted confectioners' sugar and teaspoon vanilla extract.
5. The processor is set to blend for an additional 20 seconds on Speed 12.
6. Chill slightly to firm before using.