Makes about 6 cups
1½ ounces Parmesan, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 medium butternut squash neck, peeled
1 small shallot, cut in half
1 small garlic clove
1 tablespoon olive oil or unsalted butter
1½ cups Arborio rice
1¼ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
2 tablespoons dry white wine
4 cups chicken broth, low sodium
1 teaspoon fresh thyme
2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
1 teaspoon fresh lemon juice
Nutritional value information per serving (½ cup): Calories 128 (15% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 4g • fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 2mg • sod. 437mg • calc. 61mg • fiber 1g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1½ ounces Parmesan, cut into ½-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
2. The processor is set for 40 seconds on Speed 12 to grate. Remove and reserve cheese.
3. Prepare the medium butternut squash neck by cutting it in planks to fit the smallest feed tube.
4. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Dicing Assembly. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Dice the prepared butternut squash using the smallest feed tube on Speed 12.
5. Remove and reserve. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add a small, halved shallot and a garlic clove. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
6. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Stirring Paddle. Add one tablespoon oil. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 5 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
7. Add 1½ cups Arborio rice. The cooking time is set for an additional 2 minutes on Speed 3, until the grain edges are translucent.
8. Add 2 tablespoons white wine. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes.
9. Add the reserved squash with 1 teaspoon salt, ½ teaspoon pepper and 4 cups chicken broth. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
10. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
11. When time expires, add teaspoon fresh thyme, reserved parmesan, 2 tablespoons chopped parsley and teaspoon lemon juice.
12. The cooking time is set for 1 minute at 85°F on Speed 4 to stir together.
13. Finish stirring with spatula to completely incorporate if necessary. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.