Fresh, homemade waffles make breakfast a special occasion. Freeze the extras to use when the time is short.
Makes 6 waffles
- 2cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons yellow cornmeal
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- ¾ teaspoon baking soda
- ¾ teaspoon kosher salt
- 2½ cups buttermilk
- 3 large eggs
- ⅔ cup grapeseed or vegetable oil
Nutritional information per waffle:
Calories 460 (55% from fat) • carb. 41g • sugar 9g • pro. 11g • fat 28g • sat. fat 4g
• chol. 99mg • sod. 475mg • calc. 139mg • fiber 1g
- Combine all dry ingredients in a large mixing bowl; whisk until well blended. In either a large measuring cup or separate mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients and whisk to combine. Add the liquid ingredients to the dry and whisk until smooth.
- Lightly coat the waffle plates with nonstick cooking spray and preheat to desired setting (a tone will sound when preheated).
- Pour a scant cup of batter through the top of the spout. When tone sounds, the waffle is ready. Carefully open the waffle maker and remove baked waffle. Close waffle maker and repeat with remaining batter. For best results, serve immediately.