Makes about 7 cups
1 celery stalk
½ red bell pepper
½ red onion
2 ears fresh corn, husks and silks removed
8 ounces green beans, cut into ½-inch pieces on the diagonal
1 cup frozen lima beans or edamame
1 can (15.5 ounces) garbanzo beans
1 can (15.5 ounces) kidney beans
½-inch piece ginger, peeled
1½ tablespoons sherry vinegar
2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
1 tablespoons low-sodium soy sauce
1 tablespoons honey
⅓ cup vegetable oil
½ cup dried cranberries
Kosher salt and freshly ground pepper to taste
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 235 (25% from fat) • carb. 36g • pro. 10g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 0mg • sod. 272mg • calc. 71mg • fiber 12g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Dicing Disc Set. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Dice the celery stalk, ½ red pepper and ½ red onion on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve in a large mixing bowl. Wipe out the work bowl and add 3 cups water.
4. Place 2 ears of corn, husked, into the Steam Basket and place into the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap in place.
5. The cooking time is set for 7 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
6. When time expires, remove the lid and add 8 ounces green beans, cut into ½-inch pieces, to the Steam Basket. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
7. The cooking time is set for an additional 18 minutes at 285°F.
8. Add a cup of frozen lima beans and cover to defrost for about 2 minutes. Add both steamed beans to the reserved vegetables.
9. Place the corn on a cutting board and cut the kernels off the corn cob and add to the vegetables.
10. Add the drained cans of garbanzo beans and kidney beans to the vegetables.
11. Wipe out the work bowl and insert the Metal Chopping Blade and add ½-inch piece of ginger. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
12. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
13. Scrape the work bowl and add 1½ tablespoons sherry vinegar, 1 tablespoon each fresh lime juice, soy sauce and honey. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
14. The processor is set to blend for 1 minute on Speed 6. With the machine running, add ⅓ cup of vegetable oil through the feed tube to create an emulsion.
15. Add the dressing to the vegetables with ½ cup dried cranberries. Toss all ingredients together.
16. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.