Fresh mushrooms star in this simple yet flavorful risotto.
Makes about 7½ cups
1½ ounces fontina
10 ounces cremini mushrooms
1 medium leek, thoroughly cleaned and cut into 1-inch pieces
5 ounces shiitake mushrooms, quartered
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 tablespoon unsalted butter
1 teaspoon kosher salt, divided
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
3 sprigs fresh thyme
2 cups Arborio rice
2 tablespoons dry white wine
4 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable broth/stock, divided
½ cup green peas, frozen
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 148 (17% from fat) • carb. 25g • pro. 5g • fat 3g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 6mg • sod. 382mg • calc. 23mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Shredding Disc adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Shred 1½ ounces fontina on Speed 12.
2. Remove and reserve. Replace Shredding Disc with Slicing Disc adjusted to 3mm. Slice 10 ounces of cremini mushrooms on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve separate from the cheese. Replace Slicing Disc Assembly with Metal Chopping Blade and add the quartered shiitake mushrooms to the work bowl.
4. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
5. "Metal Chopping Blade
6. Remove and reserve with the sliced creminis. Add 1 leek, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
7. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Stirring Paddle and add one tablespoon each oil and butter. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed.
8. The cooking time is set for 6 minutes at 212°F on Speed 2.
9. Add the reserved mushrooms with ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon pepper and 3 sprigs fresh thyme.
10. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 212°F on Speed 2.
11. Add 2 cups Arborio rice. The cooking time is set for 2 minutes at 205°F on Speed 4 to coat the rice.
12. Add 2 tablespoons white wine. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
13. Add 4 cups chicken broth with ½ teaspoon salt and ¼ teaspoon pepper.
14. Secure Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
15. Add ½ cup peas and reserved fontina. The cooking time is set for an additional minute at 120°F on Speed 4.
16. Finish by stirring with spatula to completely incorporate if necessary. Remove and discard thyme. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.