Makes about 12 servings
Nonstick cooking spray
3 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into 1-inch pieces
8 ounces mozzarella cheese, well chilled
1 container (15-ounces) ricotta cheese
2 large eggs
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
8 ounces lasagna noodles, boiled and drained (no-boil noodles may be substituted)
4 cups recipe *Garden Vegetable Sauce*
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 314 (48% from fat) • carb. 23g • pro. 18g • fat 17g • sat. fat 8g • Col. 83mg • sod. 601mg • calc. 332mg • fiber 2g
1. Preheat oven to 350°F. Spray the inside of a 9 x 9 pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 ounces Parmesan, cut to 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl.
3. Secure the Food Processor Lid. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
4. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Shredding Disc Assembly, adjusted to coarse shred.
5. Shred 8 ounces, chilled mozzarella on Speed 11.
6. Remove and reserve. Insert Metal Chopping Blade and add 15-ounce container of ricotta with 2 eggs and ¼ teaspoon of salt.
7. The processor is set to blend for 20 seconds on Speed 10.
8. Assemble the lasagna.
9. Add 1 cup of *Garden Vegetable Sauce* to the prepared pan. Cover with a single layer of cooked lasagna noodles.
10. Add another cup of sauce, dollop evenly with the ricotta mixture and then sprinkle with reserved cheese.
11. Repeat until all of the ingredients are used, finishing with the cheese mixture. Spray foil with non-stick cooking spray, cover and bake for 45 minutes.
12. Broil until golden if desired.