Makes about 2 to 4 servings
1 cup farro
2 cups water
1 bunch broccolini or broccoli rabe (about 10 to 12 ounces)
2 garlic cloves, crushed
½ teaspoon kosher salt
Pinch crushed red pepper
2 cups cooked white beans (may use canned beans)
1 tablespoon plus 1 teaspoon olive oil
Chopped fresh parsley to garnish
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 443(20% from fat) • carb. 72g • pro. 20g • fat 10g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 0mg • sod. 853mg • calc. 208mg • fiber 15g
1. Add 1 cup farro and 2 cups water to the work bowl and secure the Cooking Lid.
2. The cooking time is set for 12 minutes at 285°F.
3. While farro is cooking, put about 10 to 12 ounces of broccolini or broccoli rabe with 2 crushed garlic cloves, ½ teaspoon salt and pinch of crushed red pepper into the Steam Basket.
4. Add Steam Basket to the Work Bowl and secure the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is set for an additional 25 minutes at 205°F.
5. Remove Steam Basket and replace the Cooking Lid, allowing the farro to rest for an additional 10 minutes.
6. Drain any remaining water. Distribute the farro evenly among 4 shallow bowls. Top each bowl evenly with the broccolini/rabe and 2 cups white beans.
7. Drizzle a teaspoon of olive oil and sprinkle sea salt on each bowl. Garnish with chopped fresh parsley and a squeeze of lemon before serving.