2 cups Chardonnay wine
1½ cups water
1 cup granulated sugar
½ teaspoon whole white peppercorns
2 vanilla beans
4 large Bosc or Bartlett pears (about 8 ounces total)
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 123 (1% from fat) • carb. 26g • pro. 0g • fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • Col. 0mg • sod. 3mg • calc. 9mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Add 2 cups Chardonnay, 1½ cups water, 1 cup granulated sugar, ½ teaspoon whole white peppercorns and 2 scraped vanilla beans (both seeds and pod) to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place. The cooking time is set for 20 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
3. Prepare the pears while the cooking liquid is heating.
4. Peel, halve and core the pears, leaving the stems attached. Rub each with ½ lemon.
5. When time expires, add the pears to the simmering liquid. Secure the Cooking Lid.
6. The cooking time is set for 30 minutes at 205°F with no speed.
7. Pears should be just tender. Allow to cool completely in the cooking liquid with Cooking Lid in place.
8. To serve, remove pears. Serve with *Crème Anglaise* or reduce cooking liquid in the work bowl on 285°F until mixture has thickened slightly, about 15 minutes.