This is the quintessential red pasta sauce -- and it only takes 30 minutes!
Makes about 7 cups
2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch pieces
3 medium garlic cloves, smashed with the back of a knife
¼ cup olive oil
2 cans (28-ounces each) crushed tomatoes
1 teaspoon kosher salt
15 to 20 fresh basil leaves
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup): Calories 96 (47% from fat) • carb. 9g • pro. 3g • fat 5g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 3mg • sod. 336mg • calc. 63mg • fiber 3g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 ounces Parmesan, cut into 1-inch pieces, to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to grate for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Wipe out the work bowl. Insert Metal Chopping Blade and add 3 garlic cloves. Secure the Cooking Lid.
4. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
5. Scrape the sides of the bowl and add ¼ cup olive oil. Remove Steam Cap from the Cooking Lid. The cooking time is for 5 minutes at 190°F on Speed 2.
6. The garlic should be fragrant without any color.
7. Add 2 cans crushed tomatoes to the work bowl. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 205°F on Speed 2.
8. Add the reserved Parmesan, teaspoon salt and 15 torn basil leaves. The cooking time is set to 2 minutes on 160°F on Speed 2 to stir ingredients together.
9. For best-tasting pasta, add cooked and drained pasta to the sauce when hot. Serve immediately.