For this variation, the bright flavors of the lemon and herbs pair nicely with the nuttiness of the quinoa.
Makes about 8 cups
¾ cup packed fresh parsley leaves
¼ cup packed fresh mint leaves
2 plum tomatoes
2 Persian cucumbers
4 cups cooked quinoa or bulgur wheat
1½ teaspoons kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper
4 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 92 (43% from fat) • carb. 11g • pro. 2g • fat 4g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 0mg • sod. 220mg • calc. 17mg • fiber 2g
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add ¾ cup parsley leaves and ¼ cup mint leaves (rinsed and dried well) into the work bowl. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Replace the Metal Chopping Blade with the Dicing Disc Set. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
4. Dice 2 plum tomatoes and 2 Persian cucumbers using the medium feed tube on Speed 12. Transfer to a large mixing bowl.
5. Add 4 cups cooked quinoa, 1½ teaspoons salt, ½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper and 4 tablespoons each fresh lemon juice and extra virgin olive oil. Mix together so that all ingredients are thoroughly combined.
6. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.