The perfect, all-purpose sugar cookie!
Makes about 3 dozen cookies
3-⅔ cups unbleached, all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, melted and cooled
1 cup granulated sugar
½ cup packed light brown sugar
2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
3 large eggs
Nutritional information per cookie: Calories 111 (38% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 2g • fat 5g • sat. fat 3g • Col. 26mg • sod. 94mg • calc. 2mg • fiber 0g
1. Insert Stirring Paddle. Add 1 cup (2 sticks) butter cut into tablespoons. The cooking time is set for 3 minutes at 160°F on Speed 1 to melt.
2. Remove work bowl from the base and let the bowl cool for about 15 minutes.
3. While butter is cooling, put 3-⅔ cups all-purpose flour, 1 teaspoon each baking soda and salt and ½ teaspoon ground cinnamon into a separate mixing bowl and stir to combine.
4. When butter has cooled, replace Stirring Paddle with Metal Chopping Blade. Add 1 cup granulated sugar and ½ cup light brown sugar to the work bowl.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to mix for 45 seconds on Speed 8.
6. The processor is set for an additional 2 minutes on Speed 8. When started, add 2 teaspoons vanilla extract and 3 large eggs, one at a time. Turn unit off once all ingredients have been incorporated.
7. Scrape the bowl and add the reserved dry ingredients. Pulse just to combine.
8. Transfer batter to a mixing bowl and place in the refrigerator to slightly firm for scooping, about 30 minutes.
9. Preheat oven to 350°F. Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
10. When firm, scoop cookies, about 1 tablespoon each, onto prepared pans.
11. Bake in the preheated oven for about 12 minutes, or until lightly golden around the edges.
12. Let cookies cool before removing from pan.