Makes about 3 cups
4 ounces part-skim mozzarella (not fresh), well chilled
2 garlic cloves
4 ounces Parmesan cheese, cut into ½-inch pieces
1 package frozen spinach (16 ounces), thawed and drained
1 can quartered artichoke hearts (14.1 ounces), drained
8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature
¼ cup mayonnaise
1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
½ teaspoon salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ teaspoon garlic powder
Pinch crushed red pepper flakes
Sliced baguette for serving
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 179 (72% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 8g • fat 15g • sat. fat 7g • Col. 36mg • sod. 444mg • calc. 186mg • fiber 2g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert the Shredding Disc Assembly adjusted to coarse shred. Secure the Food Processor Lid.
2. Shred 4 ounces, well-chilled, part-skim mozzarella on Speed 12.
3. Remove and reserve. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add 2 garlic cloves and 4 ounces Parmesan, cut into ½-inch pieces, to the work bowl. Secure the Cooking Lid.
4. The processor is set to chop for 40 seconds on Speed 12.
5. Add a package of thawed and drained frozen spinach to the work bowl with 1 can of drained artichokes. Secure Cooking Lid. Pulse about 3 times to roughly chop.
6. Add 8 ounces cream cheese, at room temperature, cut into 8 pieces, ¼ cup mayonnaise, tablespoon fresh lemon juice, ½ teaspoon salt, ¼ teaspoon each black pepper and garlic powder with a pinch of red pepper flakes.
7. Secure the Cooking Lid. Pulse to incorporate all ingredients, about 10 long pulses.
8. Scrape the bowl and add the reserved mozzarella. Secure the Cooking Lid.
9. The cooking time is set for 10 minutes at 210°F on Speed 2.
10. The dip should be warmed through and the cheese melted.
11. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.
12. Keep warm and serve with sliced baguette.