Hearty enough to serve for supper, this soup has only 3 fat grams per serving!
1 small carrot, peeled, cut to fit feed tube vertically
1 small celery rib, peeled, cut to fit feed tube vertically
1 small onion, peeled, cut in half
1-1/2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1 small garlic clove, peeled
2-1/3 cups water
1-1/2 cups reduced fat, low-sodium vegetable broth
1 small potato (about 5 ounces)
1/2 pound split green peas, rinsed and sorted
1/4 teaspoon ground black pepper
Calories 178 (16% from fat) • carb. 30g • pro. 9g • fat 3g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 8mg • sod. 412mg • fiber 6g
1. Insert the 4 mm slicing disc. Slice the carrot, celery, and onion using medium pressure; reserve.
2. Melt butter in a 3-3/4 - quart saucepan over medium heat. Add carrot, celery, onion and garlic.
3. Cook until soft, about 10 to 15 minutes. Add water and broth; cover and bring to a boil over medium-high heat.
4. Peel potato and cut into 1-inch pieces. Add potato and split peas to saucepan. Reduce heat to low and simmer, partially covered, until peas and potatoes are tender, about 30 minutes.
5. Remove from heat and cool for 10 minutes. Drain liquid from vegetables, being sure to reserve liquid in a large saucepan.
Insert metal blade. Process half of vegetables until smooth, about 15 to 20 seconds.
6. Return to saucepan with liquid and repeat with remaining vegetables. Rewarm over low heat. Season with pepper.