A little of everything goes into the slow cooker for a delicious an filing soup for anytime of the year.
- 6 slices bacon, chopped
- 1 lb Polish sausage, chopped
- 1 medium onion, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 tbs salted butter
- 1 celery stalk, diced (about 1/2 cup)
- 1 green pepper, diced (about 1 cup)
- 4 cups peeled and cubed potatoes
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup heavy cream (more can be added, based on thickness)
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese (plus more for garnish)
- Chopped scallions and bacon for garnish
No nutrition information available
- In a large skillet, cook the bacon until crisp over med-high heat. Add polish sausage and cook just for a few minutes until lightly browned. Transfer to a paper towel using a slotted spoon and drain off all but two tablespoons of fat from both meats.
- Add the onion and two tablespoons of butter and return the pan to the heat. Cook for 2 minutes and then stir in the celery and green pepper. Cook the mixture until softened.
- Transfer vegetables to the slow cooker. Add the potatoes, stock, onion powder, garlic powder, salt and pepper to the slow cooker. Cover and cook on high for 4 hours or low for 6-7 hours.
- Using a mixer, mix on low while adding the heavy cream and two tablespoons of butter until creamy. Add the cheese and stir to combine. Serve topped with the reserved bacon, cheese and scallions.