6-7 pounds baking potatoes
8 slices bacon
6 cups milk
½ cup all-purpose flour
3 tablespoon. butter
2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon. salt
¾ teaspoon. pepper
1 cup sour cream
No nutrition information available
1. Peel and cut potatoes into small pieces. Boil in dutch oven for about 30 minutes, or until potatoes come apart easily with a fork. Drain.
2. Cook bacon in microwave or oven until crisp; crumble into very small pieces. Set aside.
3. Melt butter in large sauce pan; add flour and combine. Cook for one minute; add milk and mix. Cook over medium heat for 15 minutes, or until bubbly and thickened, stirring frequently.
4. Pour milk mixture, sour cream, bacon, cheese, salt, and pepper into dutch oven with potatoes. Cook on low heat until cheese is melted, stirring occasionally.
5. Serve with extra cheese sprinkled on top.