1. Add the broth ingredients into the cooking
pot of the Cuisinart® Multicooker. Secure the
lid and select Soup. Set the pressure to High,
the time for 1 hour and 30 minutes, and
2. When the tone sounds, allow pressure to
3. Once pressure is completely released,
open the lid. Cool stock and then strain
through cheesecloth or fine mesh strainer.
Beef may be shredded and used in the soup,
or reserved for another use. Discard bones,
vegetables, and aromatics.
4. When strained stock reaches room
temperature, transfer it to the refrigerator. The
fat will rise to the top and solidify
Make the soup:
1. When ready to serve, discard the solidified
fat with a spoon, add remaining stock to
the cooking pot and select Reduce. Set the
temperature to High and press Start. Bring
stock to a simmer while preparing individual
bowls for serving: Put 1 cup cooked
rice noodles, 5 hand-torn basil leaves, 1
tablespoon hand-torn cilantro leaves, 5
handtorn mint leaves, 1 tablespoon mung beans,
and 1 teaspoon green onions in each bowl.
2. Just before serving, add the fish sauce and
the sliced flank steak to the simmering stock.
Once meat is just cooked through, press
Stop. Select Keep Warm (unit will stay in
Keep Warm mode for 2 hours, or until Stop
3. To serve, add about 2 cups of the hot stock,
with the cooked steak, to each prepared bowl
with a squeeze of lime juice. If desired, stir
in a dash of fish sauce, chili sauce, and/or
hoisin sauce. Taste and adjust seasoning as
desired. Serve immediately.