Delicious and Nutritious Family Style Chicken Tortilla Soup that is nutrient-dense and satisfies your taste buds!
- 8 cups organic chicken broth
- 3 cups chopped cooked chicken (or 2 very large chicken breasts)
- 2 cups chopped zucchini
- *Optional for more veggies:
- 1 chopped red bell pepper
- 1 cup chopped red onion
- 2 cups chopped sweet potato
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 3 large cloves garlic
- 2 cans of organic black beans
- 2 cans of organic diced tomato
- 1/2 tbps sea salt (or more if needed)
- *olive oil for cooking
No nutrition information available
- Set stovetop burner on low to medium heat. Saute diced garlic and chopped red onion for a few minutes until translucent.
- Add chicken broth, chopped chicken, chopped sweet potato, (optional red bell pepper), beans and canned diced tomatoes, cilantro, and sea salt. Bring to boil on high heat. Turn down and let simmer.
- Let cook for about 10 minutes, then add chopped zucchini and cook for another 10-12 minutes until chicken is cooked through and veggies are tender.
- Enjoy this tasty Tortilla Soup with a dollop of Greek yogurt instead of sour cream and a few whole grain chips.