Makes about 4 cups
1 small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
1 small jalapeño, seeded
½-inch piece ginger, peeled
1 garlic clove
1 tablespoon ghee or butter
1 tablespoon curry powder
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
1½ to 2 pounds butternut squash, peeled, seeded and cut into 1-inch pieces, about 4 cups
1 can (13.5 ounces) coconut milk
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup): Calories 293 (68% from fat) • carb. 20g • pro. 3g • fat 22g • sat. fat 17g • Col. 8mg • sod. 105mg • calc. 114mg • fiber 4g
Vegetarian • Gluten Free
1. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add onion and seeded jalapeño, each cut into 1-inch pieces, ½-inch peeled ginger and garlic clove to the work bowl.
2. Secure the Cooking Lid. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
3. Scrape down the sides of the work bowl and add the tablespoon of ghee or butter with tablespoon curry powder and ¼ teaspoon salt.
4. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set to 8 minutes on 275°F on Speed 2.
5. Add 4 cups butternut squash, cut into 1-inch pieces and can of coconut milk. Secure the Cooking Lid with Steam Cap in place.
6. The cooking time is set for 30 minutes at 205°F on Speed 1.
7. Vegetables should be soft. The processor is set to purée for 45 seconds on Speed 12 until smooth.
8. Taste and adjust seasoning, according to preference.