Makes about 6 servings
1 fennel bulb, cut to fit the large feed tube
1 shallot, cut in half
2 garlic cloves
2 tablespoons olive oil
2 tablespoons dry white wine
1 can (28 ounces) plum tomatoes
1 cup clam juice
2 cups seafood stock
2 tablespoons tomato paste
1 bay leaf
1½ teaspoons kosher salt, divided
6 littleneck clams, scrubbed
1 pound mussels, scrubbed
½ pound red snapper or firm, white flesh fish, cut into 1-inch pieces
½ pound shrimp, shells removed
Chopped fresh parsley
Crushed red pepper
Nutritional information per serving: Calories 265 (25% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 35g • fat 7g • sat. fat 1g • Col. 112mg • sod. 1140mg • calc. 89mg • fiber 3g
1. Insert the Slicing Disc Assembly adjusted to 4mm. Secure the Food Processor Lid. Slice the fennel on Speed 12.
2. Remove and reserve. Insert Metal Chopping Blade. Add shallot, cut in half, and the 2 garlic cloves. Secure the Cooking Lid.
3. The processor is set to chop for 8 seconds on Speed 12.
4. Replace Metal Chopping Blade with Stirring Paddle and scrape the sides of the bowl. Add 2 tablespoons olive oil.
5. Secure the Cooking Lid with the Steam Cap removed. The cooking time is set for 8 minutes on 270°F on Speed 2.
6. Add 2 tablespoons dry white wine. The cooking time is set for an additional 5 minutes at 285°F on Speed 2 to reduce the wine.
7. Remove the Stirring Paddle. Add can plum tomatoes, broken up well with spatula, 1 cup clam juice, 2 cups seafood stock, 2 tablespoons tomato paste, bay leaf and ½ teaspoon salt.
8. The cooking time is set for 15 minutes at 285°F with no speed.
9. Add 6 clams and 1 pound of mussels. Secure the Cooking Lid. An additional 10 minutes of cooking time is set at 212°F.
10. While shellfish are cooking, lightly season ½ pound each white fish and shrimp with ½ teaspoon of salt.
11. The shells should begin to open. Add prepared fish and shrimp. Secure Cooking Lid. An additional 5 minutes of cooking time is set at 205°F.
12. Taste and adjust seasoning according to preference.