The amounts of cream and water can be adjusted to fit your liking of texture, richness, and thickness of the soup. You may also substitute milk for cream if you feel a desperate need to be healthy. Please do try to restrain yourself though. If you put too much cream in (as I did the first time I made this) it becomes like a side dish (mashed potatoes!).
Butternut Squash- 4 baby butternut or 1 large (about 6 cups)
Chicken Bouillon- 5 cubes (unsalted) or single packages
1 medium onion
1 T. olive oil
4 cups water
Salt to taste
Pepper to taste
Nutmeg (optional)- I put in about a half a teaspoon
Parsley to garnish
No nutrition information available
1. Wash and cut the squash in half.
2. Roast the squash, cut side down on a sheet in the oven for about 45 minutes at 350º. Then scoop out the prepared squash.
3. In a large saucepan, sauté the chopped onion in the olive oil until tender. Add squash, water, bouillon, nutmeg, salt and pepper.
4. Bring to a boil and cook for 30 minutes or until squash is tender.
5. Puree squash mixture in a blender in batches until smooth and return to saucepan.
6. Before serving, add cream and heat through. Do not allow to boil.
7. Garnish with parsley and serve.