This stock makes a delicious base for all soups and sauces.
1 large onion, peeled and cut into eighths
1 large leek, root end trimmed, washed well and cut into 2-inch pieces
2 parsnips (reduce to 1 parsnip with the MSC-400 model), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
1 plum tomato, cut into quarters
3 medium to large carrots (reduce to 2 carrots with the MSC-400 model), peeled and cut into 2-inch pieces
3 medium celery stalks (reduce to 2 stalks with the MSC-400 model), cut into 2-inch pieces
1 large handful fresh Italian parsley
1 small sprig fresh thyme leaves (stems discarded)
1 large garlic clove, crushed
½ teaspoon black peppercorns
12 cups (reduce to 8 cups with the MSC-400 model) water
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 24 (5% from fat) • carb. 6g • pro. 1g
• fat 0g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 17mg
• calc. 25mg • fiber 1g
1. Put all ingredients into the cooking pot of the Multicooker.
2. Cover and set to Slow Cook on Low for 10 hours.
3. Once unit switches to Keep Warm, strain stock, discarding vegetables. Use immediately or cool to place in storage
containers for refrigerator or freezer.*
* Stock will keep in refrigerator for up to one week, or two months in the freezer.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!