This delicious yet simple cold soup is great to serve on a warm day.
1 teaspoon olive oil
1 shallot chopped, about ½ ounce
2 medium carrots, about 5 ounces
1 pound red beets
3 cups vegetable broth
freshly ground black pepper
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 87 (14% from fat) • carb. 17g • pro. 2g
• fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol. 0mg • sod. 818mg
• calc. 31mg • fiber 2g
Notable nutrients based on daily percentages:
Vitamin A 128% • Folate 33%
1. Put oil into a saucepan and place over medium heat. Add the shallot and sweat until soft, about 2 minutes.
2. While the shallot is sweating, turn the Cuisinart® Juice Extractor to speed 5. Turn the unit on and juice the carrots and the beets.
3. Add juice, vegetable broth and ½ cup of the pulp to the saucepan and bring to a simmer. Allow soup to simmer for about 30 minutes.
4. Taste and add seasoning if necessary.
5. Chill well before serving.
Serving Tip: Garnish cold borscht with a dollop of sour cream and some chopped fresh dill.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!