For variety, cook some ground lamb along with the onions and vegetables, or add some diced leftover cooked lamb just before serving.
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 medium onion, chopped, about 1 cup
- 2 medium carrots, peeled and cut into ¼- inch dice
- 3 cloves garlic, smashed
- 16 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh thyme, chopped
- 1 bay leaf
- 1/3 cup sherry
- 3/4 cup pearl barley
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (about 5 sprigs)
Calories 130 (13% from fat) • carb. 22g • pro. 5g • fat 2g • sat. fat 1g • chol. 4mg • sod. 397mg • calc. 21mg • fiber 4g
- Place the butter into the cooking pot of the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker. Select sauté. Once butter begins to sizzle, stir the chopped onions into the pot. Sauté for about a minute or 2, until onions start getting soft. Stir in the carrots and sauté vegetables for about 4 minutes, stirring occasionally, until vegetables are soft and lightly golden. Stir in garlic, sliced mushrooms, salt, thyme, and bay leaf. Sauté until mushrooms release most of their moisture and the garlic becomes aromatic, about 5 minutes.
- Add sherry to the pot and cook until liquid is evaporated. Add barley and chicken broth to the pot. Lock lid into place. Select High Pressure. Set timer to 10 minutes.
- When audible beep sounds, use the Natural Release Method to release all pressure. When float valve drops, remove lid carefully, tilting away from you to allow steam to disperse. Remove and discard bay leaf. Stir in pepper. Adjust seasoning to taste. Stir in chopped parsley. For an extra kick, stir in 2 additional tablespoons of sherry. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!