This soothing soup is chock full of chicken and veggies
- 1 teaspoon unsalted butter
- 1 teaspoon olive oil
- 2 small onions, finely chopped, about 1-1/2 cups
- 6 medium carrots, sliced into ¼- inch rounds, about 3 to 4 cups
- 3 ribs celery, cut into ¼- inch dice, about 1 cup
- 3 to 4lbs mixed chicken breasts and thighs, bone- in, skin removed
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 sprig fresh parsley
- 1 sprig fresh thyme
- 5-1/2 cups chicken broth
- 1 to 2 cups medium egg noodles
- 1 cup frozen peas, thaw while preparing soup
Calories 236 (26% from fat) • carb. 16g • pro. 26g • fat 7g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 75mg • sod. 440mg • calc. 53mg • fiber 3g
- Place the butter and oil into the cooking pot of the Cuisinart Pressure Cooker. Select sauté. Once butter begins to sizzle, stir the chopped onions into the pot. Sauté for about a minute or 2, until onions start getting soft. Stir in the carrots and celery. Sauté vegetables for about 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. The vegetables will pick up some color but keep stirring so they do not become too brown.
- Toss skinless chicken pieces with the kosher salt. Add chicken, parsley, thyme, and chicken broth to pot. Lock lid in place. Select High Pressure. Set timer for 8 minutes.
- When audible beep sounds wait 5 minutes and then use Quick Release Method to release pressure. When float valve drops, remove lid carefully, tilting away from you to allow steam to disperse. Remove chicken pieces and reserve in a stainless bowl. Remove herbs and discard.
- When chicken is cool enough to handle, remove meat from bones and either chop or shred and return to pot. Select brown. Once mixture comes to a boil, select simmer and add noodles. Cook noodles according to package directions. Once noodles have cooked, turn off, stir in peas and serve.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!