A simple play on an Asian noodle soup – don’t forget your chopsticks for the "noodles"!
- 4 cups chicken broth
- 2 cups water
- 1 3-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled
- 1 small jalapeño
- 1 large carrot, peeled
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- ¾ cup cilantro sprigs, divided
- 1 tablespoon fish sauce
- 1 pound daikon, peeled
- 1 cup cooked, thinly sliced chicken breast (about 1 breast)
- ¼ cup thinly sliced green onion (about 1 green onion)
- ½ lime, quartered
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 141 (22% from fat) • carb. 11g • pro. 16g • fat 3g sat. fat 1g • chol. 63mg • sod. 576mg • calc. 59mg • fiber 4g
1. Put the chicken broth and water into a small stockpot and place on the stove.
2. Assemble the Cuisinart® PrepExpress™ with the Slice/Ribbon Cone and Angled Feed Tube. Slice the ginger and jalapeño. Replace the Slice/Ribbon Cone with the Crinkle/Ribbon Cone. Slice the carrot.
3. Place sliced vegetables into the stockpot with the garlic, ½ cup cilantro and fish sauce. Bring to a boil and then reduce to a simmer for about 20 minutes.
4. While soup is simmering, replace the Crinkle/Ribbon Cone with the 3.0mm Shred/Spaghetti Cone and Straight Feed Tube and spiralize the daikon.
5. Divide the daikon noodles (cutting strands with kitchen shears to separate where necessary) among four soup bowls. Put ¼ cup of chicken in each bowl with 1 tablespoon of green onion.
6. Pour broth and soup vegetables evenly among each bowl. Top each with a tablespoon of cilantro and a squeeze of lime. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!