½ small onion, cut into 1-inch pieces
2 garlic cloves, finely chopped
¼ to ½ jalapeño, seeded and cut into ½-inch pieces
1-inch piece fresh ginger, peeled and finely chopped
½ teaspoon kosher salt, divided
1 tablespoon curry powder
1 small roasted butternut squash, about 1 pound
½ cup coconut milk
1 cup chicken broth, low sodium
*Ghee is an Indian clarified butter found in the specialty food section of supermarkets or health food stores.
Nutritional information per serving (about 1 cup): Calories 139 (54% from fat) / Carb. 15g / Pro. 3g / Fat 9g / Sat. Fat 7g / Chol. 8mg / Sod.298mg / Calc. 56mg / Fiber 2g
2. Put the softened vegetables into the blender jar. Scoop out the roasted butternut squash and add to blender jar with the softened vegetables. Add the coconut milk, chicken broth and remaining salt. Secure lid.
3. Select the Soup function and press Start.
4. When soup has finished blending, carefully remove lid—soup will be hot. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
How to roast butternut squash:
1. Preheat oven to 425ºF. Cut butternut squash in half lengthwise and scoop out and discard the seeds.
2. Drizzle 1 to 2 teaspoons of olive oil onto the flesh of the butternut squash and then sprinkle with ¼ teaspoon kosher salt and ¹∕8 teaspoon freshly ground pepper.
3. On an aluminum foil-lined pan, place butternut squash flesh-side down. When oven is hot, roast squash until skin can be easily pierced with a knife, about 35 minutes.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!