This earthy, nourishing soup is delicious! Garnish with a dollop of crème fraîche and a sprig of parsley.
1 tablespoon olive oil
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
2 small shallots (about 3 ounces), finely chopped
3 garlic cloves, crushed
1 small leek (about 2 ounces), white part only, sliced
1 bunch kale, hard stems discarded and roughly chopped
1 bunch Italian parsley, stems reserved for other use and leaves roughly chopped
½ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
4 cups vegetable broth, low sodium
½ cup heavy cream, room temperature
Nutritional information per serving (1 cup):
Calories 216 (67% from fat) • carb. 14g • pro. 5g • fat 17g
• sat. fat 9g • chol. 45mg • sod. 694mg
• calc. 129mg • fiber 2g
1. Insert the metal chopping blade into the Food Processor Attachment and place on the blender base. Add the shallot, garlic and leek and process on High until finely chopped.
2. Put the oil and butter into a 6-quart saucepan set over medium heat. Once butter is melted, add the chopped shallot-garlic-leek mixture. Sweat ingredients together so that they gently sauté, but do not pick up any color.
3. Add the kale, parsley, salt and pepper and stir to coat. Add the vegetable broth and bring to a boil. Cover and reduce heat so that the soup is just simmering. Simmer for about 30 minutes. Add the cream and continue simmering, uncovered, for an additional 20 to 30 minutes.
4. Put ingredients into the blender jar. Blend on Low for about 10 seconds and then switch to High to thoroughly blend, about 45 seconds. Taste and adjust seasoning as desired.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!