The name says it all! I normally make a double batch.
Enough for a small Army
1 box multi-colored spiral pasta
1 red onion
1 can black olives
Olive salad mix for muffalottas (something you like to eat)
Italian mixed seasoning
Recommended on the side:
No nutrition information available
How to assemble:
1. Cook the pasta and quickly cool under cool water when done. Set aside to drain.
2. Chop the onion into small pieces.
3. Slice the olives into rings.
4 If the muffalotta mix is too big, cut it up, but not too small. A hand chopper works great.
5. Mix all together.
1. In a food processor place about of ¼ cup of both vinegars.
2. 1-2 tablespoons of crushed garlic depending upon how much you like garlic.
3. 1-2 tablespoons of Dijon mustard, depending upon how much you like Dijon.
4. ½ teaspoon Italian mixed seasoning. More can be added later if required.
5. Add some salt and pepper. More can be added later if required.
6. Place the cover on the processor and start.
7. SLOWLY drizzle in ¼ cup olive oil. This will allow the mixture to properly blend and not separate later.
8. Blend for 30 seconds or so after all the olive oil is added.
9. Taste! Add move salt, pepper, mustard or whatever to get the flavor you like. Re-blend every time you add something.
10. Repeat step 9 until happy with the results.
11. Place sauce over pasta, mix well and refrigerate for at least an hour before serving. The pasta will absorb the sauce over the next couple of days (if any is left). Just add some Italian dressing to refresh.