This unique twist on the American classic potato salad offers bold flavors and a nice change. Not using a whole bunch of spices allows the ingredients to really speak for themselves. Also, this potato salad doesn't really need mayonnaise to drown down the components. The light dressing complements each part nicely. It's sweet and slightly savory aspects offer a light, fresh feeling.
2 large sweet potatoes, diced into 1" cubes
8 slices smoked salmon, cut into 1/2 inch pieces
1 stalk celery
1/2 red onion
1/2 cup macadamia nuts, crushed
1 mango, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
1 tsp. black pepper
1/4 cup olive oil
2 tbs. spicy mustard
2 tbs. honey
No nutrition information available
1. Boil the potatoes in boiling water for 20 minutes.
2. Drain potatoes and set aside while letting them cool down.
3. Whisk together olive oil, mustard, honey, and set aside.
4. Cut celery into crescent shapes.
5. Finely dice red onion.
6. Toss together cooked potatoes, salmon, celery, red onion, mango and pepper.
7. Mix in the dressing, and top with macadamia nuts.
8. Serve chilled, and enjoy!