To obtain the perfect French fry you must fry the potatoes twice.
Serves 2 to 3
- 1 pound russet potatoes
- kosher salt
No nutrition information available
- Peel potatoes and cut into strips about ¼ to ½" thick, using either a sharp knife, a French fry cutter, or a French fry disc in a food processor.
- Place potatoes in a bowl submerged in cold water until ready to use.
- Fill the Cuisinart Deep Fryer with vegetable oil to the maximum line.
- Preheat to 300F. While the oil is heating, lay the potatoes on layers of paper towel to dry them well. When the oil is ready, fill the basket in the up position with one layer of potatoes.
- Lower the basket and cook for 3 minutes.
- Remove potatoes and drain on layers of paper towels. Continue cooking the remaining potatoes in batches and drain. Increase temperature to 375F. When oil is ready, follow the same method as the first time.
- With basket in the up position, place the potatoes in a single layer.
- Lower the basket and cook for 4 to 5 minutes for thin French fries or 8 to 12 minutes for thicker cut fries. Fries are done when they are golden brown and crispy.
- Remove fries from basket and drain again on layered paper towels.
- Season with salt and serve immediately.