Makes 8 servings
2 teaspoons unsalted butter
1 cup chopped onion (about one small onion)
1 pound cut corn, fresh or frozen, thawed and patted dry, divided
4 large eggs
2 cups evaporated fat-free milk, not reconstituted
¼ cup yellow cornmeal
1 teaspoon salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground pepper to taste
2-4 drops hot sauce
1 quart very hot water
Nutritional information per serving (based on 8 servings): Calories 174 (23% from fat) • carb. 24g • pro. 10g • fat 5g • sat. fat 2g
• chol. 109mg • sod. 410mg • calc. 200mg • fiber 2g
1. Lightly coat a 2-quart soufflé dish with cooking spray; set aside.
2. Melt butter in a Cuisinart® 10-inch skillet over medium-high heat. Add onion. Cook, stirring about 5 minutes (until translucent). Reserve.
3. Place 2 cups of corn into work bowl of a Cuisinart® Food Processor. Pulse four or five times, to chop corn roughly. Add eggs, evaporated milk and onion; pulse until mixed. Place the remaining 2 cups corn in a 1½-quart mixing bowl; sprinkle with.
4. ¼ cup cornmeal. Add chopped corn mixture. Stir until just mixed. Season with salt, pepper and hot sauce to taste. Transfer to prepared soufflé dish.
5. Place small rack in ceramic pot of the Cuisinart® Slow Cooker. Add hot water to pot. Place filled soufflé dish on rack. Cover and press the on/off button to turn the unit on. Set time to 3½ hours and press Low. Slow cooker will automatically switch to Warm when cooking time has elapsed. Casserole will be puffed and golden.