- 1 large butternut squash
- ½ cup Splenda
- 1½ cups milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 eggs
- 3 tablespoon butter, melted
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- ½ teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 small package (2.12 oz) animal crackers, crushed
- ¼ cup butter, melted
- ½ cup Splenda brown sugar blend
No nutrition information available
- Preheat oven to 425.
- Slice butternut squash in half lengthwise. Scoop out pulp and seeds. Roast in oven 45-50 minutes on foil lined cookie sheet.
- Scoop out inside of squash and puree.
- In a bowl combine butternut squash puree, white sugar, milk, vanilla extract, salt, flour, eggs, 3 tablespoons melted margarine, cinnamon, and nutmeg.
- Spray an 8 x 8 dish with cooking spray. Spread squash mixture evenly in dish. Bake in preheated oven for 30-40 minutes, or until set.
- In a medium bowl combine crushed cookies, ¼ cup melted butter and brown sugar. Crumble over top of cooked casserole and return to oven to brown for about 10 minutes.