this a tasty light lunch or side dish
4 large tomatoes
1 teaspoon sugar
½ teaspoon dried basil
¼ teaspoon salt
1 dash pepper
1 cup breadcrumbs
2 tablespoons melted butter
½ cup crumbled Stilton cheese
No nutrition information available
1. Cut each tomato in half, scoop out some of the seeds give them a squeeze to release some of the juice and drain
2. Put on broiler rack.
3. Combine sugar, basil, salt and pepper and sprinkle little of mixture on each tomato slice.
4. Broil about 4-5 minutes
5. Add bread crumbs to melted butter and toss lightly with a fork.
6. Add Stilton cheese and toss again lightly.
7. Spoon on tomato slices and slip under broiler until crumbs are nicely browned, about a 1or 2 minutes
8. Serve Immediately. With nice crusty bread and a salad of peppery greens