Here we give you the groundwork for the classic twice baked potato, but don't stop here. They can be topped with just about anything from shredded Cheddar and chopped broccoli to salsa and sliced avocado.
2 russet potatoes (10 to 12 ounces each)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil, divided
1⁄3 cup low-fat milk
1 tablespoons unsalted butter
¼ cup sour cream
¼ teaspoon kosher salt
¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
2 tablespoons chopped fresh chives
Nutritional information per serving (1 potato):
Calories 422 (42% from fat) • carb. 53g • pro. 9g • fat 19g • sat. fat 11g • chol. 54mg • sod. 347mg • calc. 116mg • fiber 6g
1. Preheat the Compact Toaster Oven Broiler set to Bake at 400°F with the rack in position A for 5 minutes.
2. Rub each potato with ½ teaspoon of olive oil, and then evenly prick about 6 to 8 times with a fork. Place potatoes directly on the rack and bake for about 40 to 45 minutes. Remove and let cool slightly. Reduce oven temperature to 350°F.
3. When potatoes are cool enough to handle, slice off the top ¼ of each potato and scoop out the cooked flesh, leaving a ¼-inch thick potato shell. Reserve cooked potato and skin shells.*
4. Put cooked potato in a medium bowl. Add milk and 1 tablespoon of the butter. Using a potato masher or hand mixer, mash/beat until smooth. Add sour cream, salt, pepper and chives. Mash/beat to combine completely. Generously fill the potato shells with potato mixture. (Potatoes may be prepared a day ahead to this point – cover and refrigerate. Bring to room temperature before baking.)
5. Line the baking tray with foil and arrange potatoes on it. Bake for 30 to 35 minutes, until potatoes are hot and golden on the tops.
*The top ¼ of the potatoes can either be discarded, or made into potato skins
See more recipes on
Download it Today!