- 3 tablespoons ketchup
- ¼ cup fish sauce
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1.5 tablespoons fresh lime or lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon white vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- ¾ cup unsalted peanuts, divided
- 8 ounces rice noodles
- 1/2 tablespoon fresh lime or lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
- 2 cups bean sprouts
- ¾ cup chopped fresh cilantro
Calories 420 (30% from fat) • carb. 63g • pro. 13g • fat 14g • sat. fat 3g • chol. 105mg • sod. 1380mg • calc. 74mg • fiber 3g
- In a small bowl, whisk the ketchup, fish sauce, sugar, 1½ tablespoons of the lime/lemon juice, vinegar and black pepper until completely combined. Reserve.
- Place the peanuts in the bowl of the Cuisinart Spice Grinder. In very short bursts, pulse until the peanuts are roughly chopped. Reserve.
- Bring a stockpot with 4 quarts of water to a boil. Add the rice noodles and turn off the heat. Let noodles sit about 5 minutes; strain and reserve.
- Heat a large sauté pan over medium-high heat; add oil. Once oil is hot and shimmering, add the eggs and scramble. Add the garlic and shallots; sauté until softened and fragrant. Add the cooked noodles; stir fry about 1 minute to mix with the egg and vegetables. Add the reserved sauce and cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes, until well combined.
- Add ½ cup of the peanuts and the bean sprouts and mix until combined. Turn off the heat and transfer to a large shallow bowl or platter. Add the remaining peanuts, lime/lemon juice and the cilantro. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!