Why turn on the big oven just to bake potatoes when the toaster oven does such a good job?
4 Idaho or russet potatoes, (8–11ounces each)
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per serving (8-oz. potato): Calories 167 (1% from fat) • carb.36g • pro. 4g • fat 1g • sat. fat 0g • chol.0mg • sod. 12mg • calc. 14mg • fiber 5g
1. Place the rack in position B and preheat the toaster oven to 400ºF on bake setting.
2. Scrub the potatoes thoroughly and dry.
3. Lightly rub each potato with ¼ teaspoon of the olive oil.
4. Use a fork to prick potatoes, about 6 to 8 times. Place directly on the rack and bake until soft and easily pierced with a knife, about 55 to 60 minutes. Remove from the oven.
5. To serve, pinch open the top, fluff the interior with a fork and serve topped with butter, extra virgin olive oil, margarine, or sour cream, as desired. Add kosher or sea salt and freshly ground pepper to taste.
Variation: Substitute sweet potatoes or yams for baking potatoes.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!