To make this recipe your own, substitute your favorite cheeses for the Cheddar.
nonstick cooking spray
2½ pounds broccoli and cauliflower florets (a mix of the two, amounts needn't be equal)
1 garlic clove, finely chopped
½ medium onion, finely chopped
1 teaspoon extra virgin olive oil
½ teaspoon sea or kosher salt, divided
¾ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper, divided
2 cups shredded Cheddar, divided
¾ cup panko breadcrumbs, divided
¼ cup grated Parmesan
Nutritional information per serving:
Calories 190 (49% from fat) • carb. 13g • pro. 12g • fat 11g
sat. fat 6g • chol. 30mg • sod. 280mg • calc. 284mg • fiber 2g
1. Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. In a large stockpot, bring salted water to a boil. Add broccoli and cauliflower and cook 2 to 3 minutes, until bright and just tender. Immediately put vegetables into a large bowl of ice water. Drain and reserve in a large mixing bowl.
3. Preheat the toaster oven to 400°F on the Bake setting with the rack in
4. Line the baking pan with aluminum foil. Toss the garlic and onion with the olive oil and a pinch each of the salt and pepper. Put on the prepared pan in the preheated oven and roast for 8 to 10 minutes.
5. Add the roasted garlic and onion to the bowl with the blanched vegetables. Add the remaining salt and pepper, half of the Cheddar and half of the breadcrumbs. Toss to fully combine.
6. Transfer mixture to the prepared pan and then top with the remaining cheeses and breadcrumbs.
7. Bake for 20 minutes, or vegetables are tender and cheeses are browned. Serve immediately.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!