Sweet Potato CasseroleUser Submitted Recipe
Sweet Potatoe Side Dish
SWEET POTATO GRATIN
- 5 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 large chopped onion, 2 cups
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 cups whole milk
- 1 tablespoon chopped rosemary leaves
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- freshly ground black pepper
- 3 large peeled & shredded sweet potatoes, 4 ½ cups
- 2 cups (8 oz) shredded cheddar cheese
- 1 slice whole-wheat bread, ground in a food processor, 1/2 cup
Heat oven to 400º F
Lightly coat a 9-inch square baking dish with vegetable cooking spray.
In a medium saucepan, over medium heat, melt the butter and add the onion; cook until softened, about 10 minutes. Remove from heat, stir in the flour, then whisk in the milk, rosemary, salt, and a few grinds of pepper. Heat to boiling, whisking constantly. Stir in the sweet potatoes.
Transfer to the baking dish and sprinkle with the Cheddar and bread crumbs. Bake for 30 minutes or until golden.
Servingsno serving information available
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!