Turkey StuffingUser Submitted Recipe
1 pound hot italian sausage
1 head cabbage, chopped with core removed
1 large carrot, grated
2 lengths celery, chopped
1 onion, chopped
1 box (two packages in it) seasoned stuffing
2-3 chicken bouillon cubes
Half carton half and half
• Brown Italian Sausage and drain excess fat – requires tending to making sure it doesn’t ball up into big chunks
• Add cabbage, carrots, celery, and onion
• Cook down for about 10-15 minutes until cabbage and onion is translucent – stir often
• Add stuffing and mix
• Dissolve cubes chicken bouillon in hot water and add to mixture, mixing well
• Add half and half and brown for a few minutes, stirring occasionally.
• Put into turkey. Refrigerate remaining.
If not stuffing into turkey (this would be called Dressing, not stuffing):
Add 3 cups Chicken broth after adding the stuffing, skip the bouillon cubes.
Bake covered for 30 minutes at 350 degrees, then uncover and continue baking for 10 more minutes, or until top is crispy to taste.
no nutrition information available
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!