The Cuisinart ® PrepExpress™ slices vegetables into thin and even slices, perfect for crispy chips that can be seasoned with any of your favorite herbs and spices.
- 1 medium potato, scrubbed, not peeled
- 1 medium sweet potato; scrubbed, not peeled
- Vegetable/canola oil, for frying
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt (or use your favorite seasoning salt such as truffle salt)
Nutritional information per serving (½ cup):
Calories 219 (71% from fat) • carb. 15g • pro. 1g • fat 18g sat. fat 3g • chol. 0mg • sod. 26mg • calc. 15mg • fiber 2g
1. Assemble the Cuisinart ® PrepExpress™ with the Slice/ Ribbon or Crinkle/Ribbon Cone and the Angled Feed Tube. Slice the potatoes.
2. Fill a medium, heavy-bottomed saucepan halfway with vegetable or canola oil. Heat the oil over medium heat until it reaches 350°F. Fry the potato slices in small batches until they are lightly golden, about 3 to 4 minutes. Use a metal skimmer or heatproof, long slotted spoon to strain the chips out of the hot oil and transfer to a paper towel-lined plate. Sprinkle with a small pinch of the salt.
3. Return the oil to 350°F and repeat with remaining potato slices.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!