An alternative to the traditional potato pancake, spiralizing the vegetables gives this version a lacy look.
1 medium carrot, about 6 ounces
1 medium parsnip, about 6 ounces
2 green onions, sliced
¼ cup fresh parsley, chopped
2 large eggs, lightly beaten
¾ teaspoon kosher salt
½ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
Nutritional information per pancake:
Calories 84 (68% from fat) • carb. 5g • pro. 2g • fat 7g sat. fat 1g • chol. 43mg • sod. 188mg • calc. 20mg • fiber 1g
1. Assemble the Cuisinart PrepExpress with the 3.0mm shred/spaghetti cone and the straight feed tube. Spiralize the carrot and the parsnip.2
2. Stir the green onions, parsley, eggs, salt and pepper into the vegetables and toss all together in a larger bowl.
3. Using a ¼ cup measure, form patties out of the carrot/parsnip mixture. Be sure to squeeze out all excess liquid with hands when forming. Reserve.
4. Put a large skillet over medium heat and add the olive oil. When the pan is hot and the oil looks like it’s shimmering, add pancakes to the pan and cook in batches so that they are not crowded. Cook 2 to 3 minutes per side, until golden brown and crispy.
5. Drain on paper towels briefly before serving.
See more recipes on
Download it Today!