Jalapeño-Cheese CornbreadCuisinart Original Recipe
Cornbread with a spicy twist, it goes great with a mildly spiced chili."
nonstick cooking spray
½ cup yellow cornmeal
1 cup unbleached, all-purpose flour
¾ teaspoon sea or kosher salt
¾ teaspoon baking powder
¼ teaspoon baking soda
3 tablespoons granulated sugar
2 jalapeños, seeded and chopped
1⁄3 cup corn kernels, fresh or frozen (defrosting is not necessary)
1⁄3 cup shredded Cheddar or Pepper Jack
1 large egg, at room temperature
1 cup buttermilk, at room temperature
2⁄3 cup vegetable oil
1. Preheat the Cuisinart® Oven Central® to 350ºF with the top and bottom heating elements on. Lightly coat the baking pan with nonstick cooking spray.
2. Put the cornmeal, flour, salt, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar in a medium-large bowl. Whisk to combine. Add the jalapeño, corn kernels and cheese. Stir to combine. Reserve.
3. Mix the egg, buttermilk and oil together in a measuring cup. Add to the dry ingredients and stir until just combined – do not over-mix.
4. Pour batter into the prepared pan. Transfer to the preheated unit, close cover and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the center comes out clean.
ServingsMakes 8 to 10 servings
Nutritional information per serving (based on 10 servings):
Calories: 235 (62% from fat) • carb. 19g • pro. 4g
• fat 17g • sat. fat 2g • chol. 23mg • sod. 235mg
• calc. 64mg • fiber 1g
This recipe can be prepared using the following Cuisinart® products:
Version 3.5 now available for iOS, Android, and Kindle Fire!